Stubby Button
"SHOPAHOLIC" CONFESSIONS
Tuesday 8 July 2014 • 23:35 • 0 comments


Hello guys! So since GSS is here, I've decided to confess. I think I'm turning into a shopaholic. It's nothing serious yet but it's progressively getting from bad to worse. It's not like it's getting out of control or anything but there is a significant difference in my shopping habits.

It didn't exactly start out somewhere but it was just a gradual escalation. Last time I would only shop every now and then because I'm kinda lazy and I don't like to walk around with all the shopping bags and trying on countless number of clothes because nothing ever seems to look good on me. And plus since it's no secret that I don't exactly have many girl friends to shop with, it minimizes my shopping time so this resorted into....ONLINE SHOPPING.

Online shopping is actually EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE and here and some reasons why.

1. HOT MODELS.

The clothes look so good on the models that you kinda trick yourself into thinking that you would look just as good when you're wearing it. Which tempts you even more when you're "just browsing" through the website. 

2. DISCOUNT.

 If you spend more than a certain amount you get a certain percentage of discount when you check out. Uhhhh, yes please.
And if you're a new customer they will have pop-ups like these for you to get discount codes if you subscribe to their newsletter. So obviously it's no harm to you, so why not?



3. SALES PAGE.

 Everything that is on sale is on one page. Awesome or what? You don't have to go and search and sift out what is on sale and what isn't. Because aren't we all just lazy?



4. LOW TO HIGH.

 You're not fooling anyone here. We are all guilty of doing this. The option button where they ask you how you want the merchandise to be arranged? 90% of us choose this option and we know it. 



5. MULTIPLE WEBSITES.

 You're able to shop on websites at one goal. When one page is loading, you can go on to the next website. Instead of shopping at a mall where you're only limited to what shops the mall haves. 



6. NON-CASH PAYMENT.

 Since you're not paying with cash, you don't ACTUALLY see the money in your wallet deplete so you don't feel the pinch as much. But this kinda leads to you spending more money. YIKES.

7. FREE SHIPPING.

 Whenever there is free shipping you know you're tempted even more to buy it because it means less money spent. 



8. ANTICIPATING.

 After you sent in your order form and paid you sometimes forget that you've bought something online. So when it arrives at your place unexpected (because you've clearly forgotten about it), you kinda feel secretly happy because it's like a surprise gift to yourself, from yourself. How awesome is that? Kinda like when you leave money in your pocket and finding it a couple days later when you re-wear that same pair of pants.

9. COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME.

 Everything can be done without you even moving an inch. The most you have to do is make sure your wallet or card is with you (or even better, pay using PayPal) and a measuring tape for you to check what size is the most suitable for you. THATS IT.


____________________________________________________________________



For me, those are the pros of online shopping and that is why I enjoy it so so much. But to be honest I don't always buy clothes. Instead, I actually enjoy buying products either for my face, hair and body because these things are really important to me. (Although I kind of destroyed my hair by bleaching it.) But I guess that's why I want to buy more products to save my hair. I really do miss my long and healthy hair. I really do regret bleaching it at home because it really just killed my hair completely. 

The amount of hair products I bought the last month for my hair is ridiculous. It really is. But I'm still constantly buying. URGH, it's no wonder I'm so broke nowadays! I honestly do feel that shopping is extremely therapeutic and very satisfying. I sound like an addict I know. But honestly, there is a reason why girls love shopping so much. I never did understand that until recently. So yes SHOPPING IS ADDICTIVE

The picture above was mainly what I bought in the last 1-2 months. 70% of what I bought is for my hair and that is because I do value my hair a lot but and that is why I really do regret bleaching my hair. It was the biggest mistake ever! That's why I'm kind of splurging on hair products. (Bye bye money! ><) 

So yes there's nothing much for me to say about the whole shopping issue except that I would probably not kick this habit off so easily. But I will try, I just gotta get past this phase that's all. Hopefully it's as soon as possible.

Xoxo.


PASTFUTURE
ABOUT ME
 photo T29hzFXapaXXXXXXXX_285862937_zpscf8c2b68.jpg
Emilia, 18, Temasek Poly



I N S T A G R A M
BLOG ARCHIVE

  • NIVEA IN-SHOWER WHITENING SKIN CONDITIONER REVIEW
  • BATAM WITH BRIT
  • EXPERIENCE NIVEA’S REVOLUTION & WIN ATTRACTIVE PRI...
  • "DATE" @ NINE THIRTY
  • ASIENCE TREATMENT HAIR MASK
  • BEDROOM "MAKEOVER"
  • RED IS THE NEW BLACK
  • Hello!! So I'm finally back to blogging af...
  • 1/2 OF SEPTEMBER
  • MBS STAYCATION